Calculating HP capacity of injectors

ugabuga
Обратна връзка:

Calculating HP capacity of injectors

Мнение от ugabuga » 13 Ное 2006 17:29

Na Inglish e shtoto go pisah na drug forum parvo no sam siguren che mnogo ot vas niama da imat problemi s tva.

===============================================

I have a problem. I have been trying to calculate how much power 330cc injectors are good for. I have used a bunch of different calculators and also did the calculations myself and I get a range of answers.

I am making 201 whp and I feel like they are basically maxed out since i have to run relatively high fuel pressure to get those results. I am thinking of upgrading to 440cc just to be safe. I am making that power at 12-14 psi and I feel that if I up the boost to 18psi i will be around 230hp or more, so I will need them anyway.

The formula uses 4 variables:

D = duty cycle = max 85 % = 0.85
H = horse power = 200
B = BSFC - brake specific ... soemthing. For turbo engines its 0.6-0.65. I use 0.65 as a worse case scenario
C = number of cylinders = 4

Inj size = HB/CD = 38.24 lb/hr
Inj size (using 80% as duty cycle) = 40.63 lb/hr

Then multiply by 10.5 to get it in cc = 401 cc!!
Or if going by 80% max duty cycle = 427cc !!

I have 330cc!!! Now I run about 50-52psi fuel pressure at idle.
I think i'm saving it by running the high fuel pressure.

New Flow rate = Old flow rate * new pressure/old pressure. My injectors are rated at 330cc @ 43.5psi (3bar or so). Since I run about 55 psi that means:

New Flow = 330 x 55/43.5 = 417cc (or so).

However that puts a lot of stress on the fuel pump and the fuel system in general so it cant be good. Also it seems i'm running them at about 83% and they are basically MAXED OUT. Soooo anyone with an extra set of 440cc injectors, please hit me up.

ALso if any of my asumptions are wrong, please comment.

P>S> According to RC engineering 80% duty cycle should be used as the safe limit.
4efte powered tercel (201 whp @ 14psi)

Публикувай отговор